LILA*: PLAYFUL PRACTICES FOR CONNECTING TO YOUR DIVINE DELIGHT
WITH LEIF HANSEN
*Lila (lee-la) is a Sanskrit word that translates to “Divine Play.”
When you give yourself permission to creatively play and explore the wonder of consciousness (alone or with others), spiritual practices become totally revitalized. You wake up excited and intrinsically motivated to connect to that which matters most to you and to stay connected throughout the day. And if you play with purpose and presence it allows a deeper part of yourself to awaken and invites an exploration of the edge where the Divine interacts with the human – a place where you can learn how to fly.
What Can You Expect?
- Have one of the most unique and memorable experiences of your life.
- Learn playful practices for connecting to the Divine that you can continue on your own or in community.
- Expand your vision for what’s possible and be more ‘game’ to say “Yes!” to the opportunities life brings your way.
- Increase the ease and flow of your confident, creative self-expression in the world.
- Transform fears of failure, rejection and the unknown into playful opportunities.
- Meet wonder-full new people and revitalize your connection to your amazing self.
“Leif is a passionate and high energy instructor. He helped me access the part of myself that wants to “”hold back”” and unleash my authentic expression. The group was supportive and encouraging which really helped me. Most importantly I saw how i could take what i learned and apply it to the real world. I am more playful at my work place, with strangers, and in my pursuits. I see how playfulness is the key to living a meaningful life, and a bridge to melting barriers between people. This is powerful stuff!”
OUR TOOLS & TRICKS
The Lila Retreat draws on specific creative approaches and invites each person to explore expressive possibilities to welcome the mystery of the moment. The combination of the different approaches provides multiple entrances of connection and discovery to offer each person a way to find their unique rhythm and style of “Divine Play”.
Each of the below approaches is a massive body of work and is taught separately in other settings; the Lila facilitators respectfully offer “golden nuggets” and have extensive backgrounds in each area.
- Applied Improvisation
- Authentic Movement & Movement Meditations
- Sound/Body Expression & Healing
- Contact Improvisation
- Theater of the Oppressed
- Journaling/Creative Writing
- Sensory Adventures
- Playback Theatre
- PsoloDrama & DramaTherapy
- Group Games & Interactivities
Leif Hansen is a nationally recognized group facilitator, trainer & teacher. His workshops have been featured on a variety of media including NBC’s Today Show & PBS. Leif is known for using highly engaging, playful and innovative processes to accelerate personal growth, catalyze communities and transform organizations. His mission is empowering people to discover & creatively express their core passions in ways that make this world a more magical, loving & fun place to be.